Eye Glasses and Contact Lenses
Taking Care of Bucks County’s Children for Over 35 Years!
Total Eye Care and Cosmetic Laser Centers is home to a child-friendly pediatric team that helps families and children with their eye care needs. We prescribe glasses for children, perform eye surgery when indicated, and work in conjunction with the primary care physician to coordinate the best medical care. We strive to address parental concerns, put children at ease in the medical setting, and create a positive experience for the entire family.
Signs of Possible Eye Problems in Children
- Rubs eyes a lot
- Closes or covers one eye
- Tilts head or thrusts head forward
- Trouble reading or doing other close-up work, or seems cranky when doing close-up work
- Hold objects close to eyes to see
- Blinks more than usual
- Squints eyes or frowns
If one or more of these signs appear, schedule an appointment to see your eye doctor right away.
When Should My Child Have an Eye Exam?
- Your pediatrician should examine your child’s eyes during the first year of life.
- All children should have a comprehensive eye exam before they start school unless vision problems occur sooner.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of childhood eye disease may prevent vision problems later in life.
At Total Eye Care & Cosmetic Laser Centers, our lifelong commitment to healthy vision starts at a young age with your child’s eyes. The importance of yearly ocular health exams should begin early to ensure your child’s every opportunity to learn and grow normally with no visual limitations.